Medical Device Springs is a supplier of precision springs to the medical device sector
Medical Device Springs was established to facilitate and focus on the development and supply of precision springs to the Medical Device Manufacturers. Using an innovative approach to design, development and manufacture, we are continually exploring creative ways to deliver customer objectives and satisfaction. Growing into industry-leading organisation, Medical Device Springs utilises extensive product knowledge, the most advanced spring design software, resourceful manufacture, in house cleaning and passivation processes combined with Clean Environment Room (CER) assembly, packaging and testing facilities.
Our business management system is ISO 9001:2015 approved and we are currently working toward ISO 13485 for the final quarter of 2018. Planned investment in technology, processes and procedures is ongoing, while developing long-term relationships with our approved manufacturers, to build a robust, durable supply chain and to secure our status at the forefront of precision spring component provision for the Medical Device Industry.
Products and Applications
Supply of Compression, Extension, Torsion and Flat Strip Springs as well as Wire Shapes.
- Sprung Drug Delivery Syringes
- High Velocity Firing for Hypodermic Penetration
- Designs for Automated Assembly
- Non-Standard Guide Wires for Special Applications
- Closed System Shut Off Valves
- Flow Control Valves
- Trigger Spring
- Dose Counting / Measuring
- Devices requiring a rotational movement
- Extension: Where a pulling movement or breaking pressure is called for.
- Flat Strip: Applications needing a lever action, reinforcing or two parts connecting.
- Wire Shape: Typically used like Torsion springs but with smaller and stronger movements or holding parts in place.
Medical Device Springs has extensive experience in key production processes.
- Aqueous Ultrasonic De-greasing
- Nitric Acid Passivation to ASTM A967
For the future (July 2018)
- Ultrasonic Citric Acid
- De-ionised Water Rinsing
Medical Device Springs works with pioneering medical device companies assisting them to solve and create solutions for their ground-breaking devices.
We will work alongside your designers from concept through to prototyping and production ensuring every stage of the supply process is controlled and understood.
Using Advanced Spring Design Software for:
- Compression, Extension and Torsion Springs
- Optimised Material Selection
- Fatigue Life
- Goodman Diagrams
- Adjustable Shape and Diameter Design
- Stress Analysis
We use the latest load, rate and measuring equipment.
Medical Device Springs ensure product tolerance integrity and batch-to-batch repeatability.
We can carry out the following:
- Digital Dimensional Load and Rate Testing
- Spring Fatigue Testing
A comprehensive cloud-based business system covering all aspects of customer expectations.
To include purchasing, component management (specifications & inventory) and customer requirements, supporting our ISO 9001 accreditation.
Chosen to guarantee springs are fully traceable, supplied on-time to specification and ready for use.
Medical Device Spring Approvals
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System – Certificate FM
- Working toward ISO 13485 Medical Device for 4th Quarter 2018